This week, Anthony, Chris and Drew are joined by our good friend (and Euro lover), Dave to discuss how to save money and game on a budget without having to buy every game at full price (or buy every game!). We’re also talking about our favorite games that we played at Dexcon 18 and Drew poses an interesting question about what we would dress as if we were cosplaying at a board game convention.
Shout it from the Tabletop
Drew is back with the news this week, discussing a bunch of interesting topics of late including the recently announced Spiel des Jahres award winner.
- Spiel des Jahres & Kennerspiel winners announced
- Asmodee acquires worldwide rights to “Spot It!”
- EventBrite’s 2nd annual survey of hobby convention attendees
- It’s taken Hasbro 7 years to get a studio to commit to making a Monopoly film
- There are whispers of a redesign in store for BoardGameGeek
At the Table
Anthony, Dave and Chris discuss some of the games we got to play recently at Dexcon. Anthony talks about his first play through of St. Petersburg and gives a short preview of current Kickstarter campaign San, Ni, Ichi. Chris discusses his play through of Samurai Spirit, a game we’ve been trying to get to the table for some time. Dave discusses his recent favorite – Dominant Species.
Feature: Gamer FAQ: Board Gaming on a Budget
This week we take a look at some of the ways in which you can save money on the board gaming hobby through careful selection of discount board games, finding the best sales in the industry (including a couple of frequent favorites) and some of our favorite ways to reduce the cost of gaming in general.
Final Round: Board Game Cosplay
Listen to find out which board game characters the guys would dress as if they were to cosplay at a board gaming convention. There are some fun ones out there.
Listen to Episode 78
- Shout it From the Tabletop: 2:30
- At the Table: 10:17
- Feature: Gamer FAQ: Gaming on a Budget: 32:55
- Final Round: Board Game Cosplay: 46:26