It’s been one heck of a year for the board gaming hobby and for Board Gamers Anonymous. In a very special Episode 97, we’re taking a look at some of the best games, experiences, and plays of 2015, with a few special twists from each of the hosts. Learn what games we had the most fun playing, which acquisition disorders hit our list the most, and which games we’re excited to keep playing in 2016 and beyond.
Around the Table
Drew’s back with a bevy of new topics on the board gaming hobby. Join Drew and the whole BGA crew as they discuss a number of topics including:
- Price floors and how they affect the hobby (for good or bad) in the case of Mayfair Games.
- The meaning of IP ownership in the board gaming hobby and how it will become more of a factor as the industry grows.
- The legality or lack thereof of fantasy sports leagues, especially the “for money” variety with the backdrop of increased scrutiny of late.
Acquisition Disorder Corner
It’s been a year full of nearly 50 different acquisition disorder corners. This month we’re looking at the games that hit our list the most and that we picked up or really want to get to the table even after all this time.
Learn about the games that Anthony, Chris, Daniel and Drew were most eager to pick up and either haven’t yet or are very much looking forward to playing.
At the Table
What games are still hitting our tables with the end of 2015 just around the corner? Here are some of the best we’ve played this year including Anthony’s top plays, Chris’s absolutely favorite and the game Daniel and his group absolutely cannot get enough of.
Feature – The Best of 2015
For this month’s feature, we’re looking at some of the best games of 2015 with a twist. Instead of the same old list, each of us has created our own category and listed games we think really epitomize the best of the year. This includes:
- Best Solo Games – Anthony lists his favorite solo games of the year, including the one he thinks is the best of them all.
- Best Gimmicks in Gaming – Daniel discusses some of the gimmicks and flashy new ideas that hit the hobby and the one that really stuck out as the best and most interesting of the year.
- Best Family Game – Drew shares the games that really hit the sweet spot in the family genre for the year.
- Best Artistic Designs – Chris shares the games that he felt looked and felt the most amazing this year.
Finally, in our last final round of 2015, Drew asks the guys what their favorite gaming moments of 2015 were and how they shaped their game playing for the year as a whole.
Listen to Episode 97
- Around the Table: Discussions around the table
- Acquisition Disorder: Our most wanted of 2015
- At The Table: Our Best Game Experiences at the table
- Feature Review: The best “______” of 2015
- Final Round: Our most memorable moments in 2015